Earlier this year I partnered up with my audiobook producer, Jennifer Groberg, in order to re-release Origins as the current audiobook was based on the first edition of the book. She did a wonderful job with redoing everything, and the new track will be released as soon as ACX approves the changes.
So, in this regard, if you wanted to snag a copy of the old edition of Origins, now’s your chance. Because I have no idea when said approval is going to take place. But as far as I know, ACX is a few weeks behind schedule.
Now on to some FAQ regarding the audiobooks questions that have been hitting my email.
- When will Blood (book three) come out on audio?
- I’m planning for sometime in 2021. That being said, I do not really promote the audiobooks and I have not yet received a return for my investment in them. In fact, the only reason I continue with these releases is because I, personally, enjoy hearing the story verses reading it (especially when driving).
- Keep in mind, I started Origins after escaping a terrible situation with nothing but a few possessions and my toddler. But my writing did not begin as an act of desperation. I was always the breadwinner, and I was lucky to already have an income stream with programming and design. I did not plan to make a ton of money in this endeavor. The entire series—and writing in general—has always been my passion project and a psychological release for my depression, anxiety, and PTSD. That’s one reason why you won’t find me running after tropes, following trends, or spreading bullshit. I refuse to do it and I have many feelings about an industry that bullies authors to do so under the guise of making a quick buck—especially to desperate women who write their fingers to the bone while being told it’s their fault they don’t make a return on their physical and mental investment.
- However, all that is a different story and a longer rant. My views do not make me popular, and I’m fine with that even though I love and respect my other authors. I’ll still tell the story my way, in a manner in which I feel needs to be heard, and that’s the end of it.
- Therefore, while I do plan on releasing all the books in audio for my own self-gratification, unless there is more of an interest in them in general, releases will be slower than the other book formats. If you want quicker audio releases, you can help out by 1.) encouraging others to purchase the audiobooks, 2.) submitting a review review review for all platforms, 3.) actually letting me know that y’all are interested. Until then, I’m going to assume the status quo.
- Will you release the series on audiobook?
- Will the novellas be on audiobook?
Posted To: Author's Notes, Release Notes